So being back in America is awesome. (I’ve been in Ukraine for the past year. See Back to SaloLand for details on this adventure.) I’m loving the language especially. I’ve said this probably four or five times, but I love the fact that I can be sitting in a café here and I hear people next to me speaking perfect American English. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good accent, but right now, I’m loving the feeling of being home. Granted, in the next few days and weeks, I’m going to be searching for jobs like a maniac, but that’s ok. That’s what you’re supposed to do when you return from Peace Corps service, right? Well, that and relax…
Here’s what I’ve enjoyed the most since my flight back just over two days ago.
- I went to the movies and saw Snow White and the Huntsman… and it was awesome.
- I baked butterscotch brownies for my dad this evening so that hopefully when he and my mom get back from their social gathering, he will be in a good mood.
- My two nieces fought over who got to sit on the majority of my lap. (I like to be fought over. Why wouldn’t I?)
- I got to go to Target today which of course is the coolest and most amazing store in existence.
- I saw my family or at least most of them. My family is pretty rad and though the honeymoon phase might wear off in a few weeks, the last two days of seeing the family has been pretty great.
And as for the things I am looking forward to…
- I’m going to get an amazing job that I enjoy.
- I’m going to drink so much water from a faucet that I won’t be feeling sick or dehydrated anymore.
- There are a bunch of good movies coming out soon.
Of course, I could write a longer list but for right now, I’m feeling pretty good.
I hope your day is pretty rocking wherever you are in the world.