If I were a flower, I’d be lavender. I thought about this last week while I was watering plants at Lowe’s. Since I started working in the Garden Center this season, I’ve come to love lavender; it’s honestly my favorite flower out there. When I thought about reasons why I would be lavender, I came up with a few.1. Lavender is purple, my defining color. Perfect match.
2. Lavender branches out in many directions. I’ve branched out in many directions, my life is a cumulative effort. I’m all over the place. My dentist used to call me a short-timer when he’d see me between adventures, but I wasn’t a short-timer, I was just growing new branches.
3. Lavender has a distinct scent. Some people love it. Some people hate it. I smell good, but that’s not what this is about. I relate the scent of flowers to one of the most important traits a person can have: a good sense of humor. I crack myself up. I literally think that I am one of the funniest people alive (though Tina Fey is just a little bit funnier than I am). Not all other people get this. My humor isn’t quite for them, much like some people dislike the scent of lavender.
4. Lavender has many varieties. I have a lot of relatives. Like, for real, my grandparents had 13 children. Eleven of those kids had kids of their own. Do a little math, you’ll see where I’m going with this.
5. Lavender is pretty. Not to sound conceited or anything, but so am I.
6. Lavender grows in the country, but really finds its home in the city. I grew up in the country. I fed sheep, mowed the lawn, and took naps in fields. But I’m at my best when I’m living and working in an artsy city somewhere around the globe. Lavender sells well in Urban “country” stores.
7. Once you come to love with lavender, you never forget it. When I make a true friend, it doesn’t matter how much time passes until the next time I see the person, we’re still amazing friends. I’m a good friend. I stay in touch. I don’t forget people.
8. Lavender wilts when it’s thirsty for water. My mood wilts when I am hungry or have suffered a chocolate drought for a while. So you see, I am so much like lavender that it’s crazy.
Now, your turn, if you were a flower, what would you be? Please share in the comments section.
Until next time,