A few weeks ago, facebook tried to get me to approve of my “year in review.” They had a bunch of random posts from throughout 2013 and they wanted me to post the collage of events on my facebook page for all my friends to see. I wouldn’t do it. Posts about the snow day, both in February in Nampa, ID and Corvallis, OR seemed a bit strange. And how facebook came up with their particular posts is a mystery to me. I’m sure they could have come up with something more relevant if they’d tried.In the spirit of the year in review, I’m going to make a list of important events from 2013. Because it’s my blog, I’ll be using some examples from my own life. And because it’s Monday and Mondays in 2013 for Peanut Butter Girl have been news-related, I’ll add some of these as well. It’ll be a rad package, I assure you.
Peanut Butter Girl’s 2013 in Review
• Twinkies died. And then they were resuscitated.
• Jimmy Fallon is taking over The Tonight Show in 2014.
• Seth Meyers will follow Jimmy Fallon on Late Night.
• Catching Fire hit theaters.
• I moved from Nampa to Oregon in early March.
• They found out that Jamestown colonists were cannibals.
• Margaret Thatcher died.
• There’s a new pope.
• Obama started his second term.
• I went to California for my 30th birthday.
• Tom Clancy will no longer be writing books. (He passed on.)
• Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosted the Golden Globes.
• I watered plants at Lowe’s for the Spring-Summer season.
• Bombs interrupted the Boston Marathon.
• Anti-gay marriage legislation was overturned.
• Miley Cyrus twerked.
• I started my grad program at OSU.
• Nelson Mandela passed away.
What about you? Did you have a favorite or important story I forgot to mention? Let me know with a comment.
Tata for now.