How to Start a Blog in Seven Steps:
1. Decide what you want to write about. Is it sewing? Cooking? Drinking coffee? A little bit of everything? Random tid-bits about your personal life? Dating? It’s important to have an idea of what you want to write about. If you don’t know what to write about, you’re less likely to keep blogging.
2. Who are you writing for? You should write for a certain audience. Now if your blog is that “a little bit of everything” blog, it may be hard to nail down a specific audience. It’s still ok to do this, but just know that you might not get the millions of followers you dream about.
3. Do you want a bunch of followers? This is tied to number two. If you’re a Peace Corps Volunteer, the Peace Corps may ask for your blog address. They may try to tell you that you can only have a private, locked blog. This isn’t true. However, you should be very careful about what you’re posting. Be intentional.
4. Come up with a name for your blog. Most likely, you’ll want a name that represents you or what you’re writing about.
5. Pick a blogging site. There’s many to choose from. I’ve used Xanga, Blogspot, and WordPress. My favorite is WordPress.
6. Write your first post. Edit it. Publish it. Sit and wait for your first stat.
7. Add photos. There’s nothing worse than a boring blog. I’m the type of person who flips through a magazine for photos before ever reading the articles. There are many of us like this. Add photos. People will be more likely to enjoy your blog.
There you have it. Now you can start your blog. Just to provide you a little extra help, I searched for an article on About.com to help you start your blog as well. There was no article, but here’s the link to their search results.
Good luck blogging this year!
Tata for now.