This blog post is not about making your crazy friend lose it completely. That post can be found on Huffington Post. This post is legitimately about cracking a nut.
My family likes to crack nuts by the fireplace during the holiday season. We sit by the fire cross-legged with a nutcracker in our hands, a bowl of nuts in shell and an empty bowl for the shells.We eat the nuts as we go. I did this with my nieces when I was home for the holidays. It was funny, because Mags was too little and too weak to crack a “legit” nut. She even had troubles pushing her fingers together to shell a peanut.
Because I know some of you out there are sweet, gentle nutcrackers like my niece Mags, I’ve decided to give you the seven amazing tips that will help you crack a nut.
How to Crack a Nut:
1. Get the supplies. You need nuts in shell, a nutcracker (preferably not the decorative kind – see images in this post for good examples), and a bowl.
2. Pick up a nut.
3. Put the nut in the open space between the two handles of the nutcracker.
4. Push the two handles of the nutcracker together and squeeze hard until the shell cracks.
5. Pick apart the shell and throw the shell pieces in the bowl.
6. Clean your nut free of any shell bits or unwanted “nut innards.”
7. Put the nut in your mouth and eat it.
I just gave you seven steps to crack a nut AND have a light snack. You are welcome!